In this article, we explain how to update firmware for your Neo.
What You Will Need
- Neo AC Power Adapter
- Smart Phone (Android / iPhone) or Tablet (Android / iPad)
- Tacx Utility App (free)
Before we begin, you need to be familiar with the rules of firmware updates. Until you understand the rules, go no further.
- Neo / Neo 2 must
- not be connected to any app, pc / mac application, cycling computer. or other device
- check the status LEDs on the left side of the Neo and ensure that the Bluetooth and ANT+ LEDs are both off
- AC Power Adapter must
- be plugged into the wall, and into the Neo
- remain plugged into the wall and the Neo until the firmware update has completed
- Smart Phone / Tablet must
- have sufficient battery and/or be plugged into its charger to complete the firmware update
- remain powered on the entire time the update is installing
- have Bluetooth enabled
- stay near the Neo; don’t wander away with your phone while the update is installing
- not be switched to any other apps while the update is installing
- not be connected to any other Bluetooth devices
- not be running any other apps in the background
Steps To Perform The Firmware Update
- Plug the Neo power adapter into the wall, and into the Neo
- If you haven’t already, download and install the Tacx Utility App from the Google Play Store, or iTunes Store.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your smart phone or tablet
- Open the Tacx Utility App on your smart phone or tablet
- Locate your Neo / Neo 2 in the devices list that should appear
- Tap the Bluetooth icon next to your Neo, and wait for the green circle with a checkbox to appear.
- Tap the Menu button, and choose “Update” from the list.
- If an update is available, you will be prompted to begin the update.
- Wait patiently while the update installs and completes its various steps.